Who does the filing of Annual Returns with ACRA?
To minimise mistakes from incorrect filing of financial statements and reports, company would normally outsource the services to a registered filing agent. A filing agent is a person who, in the course of his or her business, carries out on behalf of any other person (for example, a director of a company) any transaction with the Registrar using the electronic transaction system, or via any other means allowed by the Registrar, if the electronic transaction system is unavailable.
So, who can be a Registered Filing Agent?
The person must:
- be a business entity registered with ACRA.
- act by or through at least one registered qualified individual.
- be a fit and proper person, or show that his directors or partners or persons directly or indirectly taking part in or concerned in his management are fit and proper; and
- if applicable, not less than 2 years have elapsed since the cancellation of his previous registration as a filing agent due to a sanction by ACRA.
So, who can be a Registered Qualified Individual?
The person must:
- be a qualified individual, which term is defined in the ACRA (Filing Agents and Qualified Individuals) Regulations to mean:
- an advocate and solicitor
- a public accountant registered under the Accountants Act.
- a member of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA)
- a member of the Association of International Accountants (Singapore Branch).
- a member of the Institute of Company Accountants, Singapore;
- a member of the Chartered Secretaries Institute of Singapore; or
- a corporate secretarial agent; i.e. a person who is carrying on the business of providing corporate secretarial services for one or more companies and has been doing so for at least 3 years in the preceding 5 years; and has been a secretary of a company for at least 3 years in the preceding 5 years.;
- be a fit and proper person; and
- if applicable, not less than 2 years have elapsed since the cancellation of his previous registration as a qualified individual due to a sanction by ACRA.
Come to us
If you need assistance in this area, do feel free to come to us. CoSeClinic Services Pte Ltd is a Registered Filing Agent and we have few Qualified Individuals who are members of ISCA.
One-stop & Hassle Free
With our wide range of professional services, we are able to provide our clients with one-stop and hassle free solutions to serve all their companies’ needs.
Our Group & Associates have a team of professionals who are Public Accountants, Chartered Accountants, Tax Practitioners, Liquidators, Lawyers, Consultants and Valuers who are ready to serve you.
We have an experienced team with many years in the accounting, auditing, tax and consulting industry.
With our huge number of satisfied customers, we can assure you of our reliable services which you will not get elsewhere. You are able to reach to the Managers or Directors in-charge of your portfolio anytime despite that our staff handling your work are very reliable too.